The weak one knows no wrong or right. Desperation drives us to do unthinkable things………
A man and women can’t be good friends? Can’t there be a purely platonic relationship between a man and a woman? I think that is pure bollocks. I think that it is completely do-able. But many people don’t seem to think so. Pantang nampak 2 unrelated opposite sexes together and they start assuming. I still remember this guy from high school who was a 50% friend and 50% enemy. Ill call him Mr MZ. There were times when we would be fighting cats and dogs. But it all changed, one day when this good friend of mine, made a silly comment that this MZ kirim salam to me. And it blew out of proportion. The whole form 3 block was buzzing with excitation that the strict prefect and the so called cool,laidback guy had something. It was hilarious, I remember being so conscious around him and in fact stopped talking to him because I did actually like him from primary school .At one point, due to the persistent rumours, I developed a crush on him. But my consciousness around him is still evident till now. A few months ago, I saw him at a subang jaya petrol station and after 6 lg years , I still found myself being shy. Hahahhahaha…..it was too funny.
So yes, rumors are disastrous. Recently, i have been experiencing another episode and this time it is at work. So, I use to go out with this buddy of mine quite often. He is a very good friend. One of those who i can talk openly with. Unfortunately, people’s mouth can’t be shut. Another colleague has started making some silly comments about this. Someone else even asked me about it. And again, I start becoming conscious and avoid being seen with the same buddy. Why? Don’t ask me. Maybe it is a Gemini withdrawal symptom or a natural defensive mechanism, which I myself am not too fond for. Unfortunately, I am not about to develop a crush on this friend because, he is a good friend and like my side kick. So, you get my point. So it makes it even more worse; when people start categorizing a good friendship as a romantic relationship. It makes it WRONG. I keep negating it, but how much more can I say to the point that I am afraid it might turn into an insult. It takes two people to make it right, 2 people to negate it….aaaahhhhh. So, yeah. Hope, I don’t lose my great buddy.
Even more recently, I received some weird, suspicious looks from people for being close to a , married guy. Gosh, there is such a thing called PLATONIC relationship. Two people can always enjoy each other’s company and not have to be attracted to each other. And even if one was attracted to the other :P , it is still a platonic relationship, as long as it isn’t a two way signal. I wouldn’t be surprised before someone asks me how close I am to that person or starts to think that I might have something to do with a married guy. As long as one is a single female, and beyond 23, every guy she is close to is a potential future. I guess the only solution for me, is to find someone soon. Is it my fault, if I haven’t found the right one yet or that the potential right ones have all been taken? L ….isk isk isk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment